Have some fun! Volunteer!
Volunteering at Simsbury Meadows Performing Arts Center is a great way to get involved and help your local community! It takes many hands to put on an event at SMPAC, thus we rely on our volunteers throughout the season. From set up, tear down, and beverage service, to directing cars and ushering audience members, our volunteers play an integral role in SMPAC’s success.
Ready to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers? Please see our volunteer application below and let us “serve together.”
Please complete the volunteer application form online »
There are lots of ways to help.
There’s a job for everyone at SMPAC! We welcome new and returning volunteers who share a hardworking and enthusiastic spirit. We ask all volunteers to attend a brief pre-season orientation meeting where we’ll go over the specifics of each position, answer questions, and share our vision for SMPAC. Some examples of volunteer positions include:
- Show patrons to seats
- Keep aisle & entry areas clear
- Work with security to keep lawn and seating area separate
- Assist patrons through entry gates
- Distribute flyers (playbills, or program information)
- Provide information re: concessions, toilets, etc.
- Check ID’s and affix “over 21” bracelet
- During concert provide information & assistance as needed i.e. fill in while others take bathroom breaks
- Collect parking fees, hand out parking stickers
- Safely guide patrons to assigned parking spots
- Direct to handicap parking as needed
- Serve draft beer and wine (MUST participate in pre-season TIPPS training for this)
- Serve soft drinks and water
- Set up chairs, tables, signage day of concert
- Break down after event
- Staff PAC booth
- Sign up volunteers
- Encourage/accept donations
- Provide information re: Friends of SMPAC
- Sell Merchandise
- Provide general information about other concerts, tickets, etc.
Join in and have some fun.
Besides the good feelings from participating in great community events, SMPAC volunteers enjoy the added benefit of:
- Free and convenient parking area designated for Volunteers only.
- Free SMPAC T shirt
- End of season volunteer picnic
Complete the volunteer form now – then encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same.
The Simsbury Performing Arts Center, Inc. does not discriminate or permit discrimination in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability, or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws.