Simsbury Performing Arts Center – Updated COVID Protocols for Concert on 8/28
With 10,000 attendees expected for the benefit concert, motorcycle ride, and fireworks at the Performing Arts Center on Saturday, August 28, 2021, the Town of Simsbury would like to remind those attending the event of current COVID protocols:
– Face masks are strongly encouraged for all individuals outdoors, at all times, at the Performing Arts Center, regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be made available at the venue for attendees.
– Per emergency order 2021-1, masks must be worn in any indoor space at the venue, including but not limited to restrooms. If you visit a Simsbury business or other establishment in town, please be advised that masks are required at all indoor locations.
– Stay home if you feel ill.
– Use hand sanitizer frequently.
– Respect the health and safety of others, and socially distance to the extent possible.
– The Performing Arts Center is requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
Please be advised that Hartford County and the Farmington Valley Health District are currently in the “high transmission” category of COVID-19 based on reporting from the CT Department of Public Health (DPH), and Simsbury is nearing the “red zone” (the highest level) of positive cases as defined by DPH’s COVID alert system. Concert attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a mask and take precautions to protect themselves and others from transmission of the virus.
Regulations related to COVID-19 are constantly evolving, and event organizers continue to make adjustments to COVID-related protocols. The Simsbury Performing Arts Center anticipates additional changes in protocols at future events, including the implementation of social distancing measures.